Ian Stirling

T i m wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:46:47 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
On 21 Jul 2005 02:10:04 -0700, wrote:

Ok . (I'll stick with glasses for the moment then ) ..

If you had your glasses on how did you get it in your eye?

Good question Peter.

We were cleaning this tall fridge freezer outside my (remote) lockup.
We had taken a bucket, sponge, a couple of containers of hot water,
Cif, Fairy etc. We had used all the hot water and pretty well finished

snip
At the time I just wiped my around my eye a bit with a tissue (as I
didn't fancy the look of the green water in the water butt) but the
discomfort slowly got worse. We finished what we were doing, cleared
up and the nearest solution (excuse the pun) on our way home was the
Chemist and the Optrex.

The solution used in one Friends episode comes to mind.
Largely sterile, though not the most popular eye-wash.