-Alex wrote:
I'm with you...but many electronics sold here(USA) have 90 full coverage, up
to 1 year - You pay labor.

Doesn't say much for confidence in their product!

damn right! I thought the states was supposed to be the land where the
customer is king, capitalism par excellence blah blah.....what a hose
job! Although in the Uk, after about a month if you have a problem, I
think you have to put up with repair or replacement rather than a
straight refund. In any case, I've read that the Sale Of Goods Act
covers you for up to 5 years, a consumer law above and beyond the shop
or manufacturer guarantee, so with that in mind most shops treat you
well since they don't want to be taken to court over some product. They
usually just exchange to avoid the hassle. At least thats been my
experience....maybe you should 'lobby congress' (or whatever is usually
done stateside) to bring in something like that ! ;-)

Anyway, in the mean time, power the set with the PTC removed, see what
happens.
B.