A aluminum bat that cost $300.00 is because the amount of sweet spot.
The more you pay the bigger the sweet spot hence the better chance of
hitting the ball futher. I prefer wood bats but my guess is if a batter
has a choice they will pick metal because of more pop. The Cape Cod
leaque (summer league of top college players from around the contry by
invitation only) uses wood bats but most college leagues dont.The major
teams buy their bats.(cape Cod leaque and I think one or two other
leaques) . When they scout they want to see the real thing. Our state
has been requiring wood in playoffs but not regular seson yet. The
reason for metal is because its too expensive to use wood because of
breakage. The reason against is the extra pop becomes dangerous to the
pitcher etc. If they allow metal bats why not allow corked bats again
more pop. I am very supprised to read no finish. I would think the
handle would get very dirty without sealing.