Ulysses

Default Repairing a Honda eu2000 Generator

Hi.

The engine wore out (finally) on my little Honda eu2000 generator after
about 12,000 hours. I took it to a repair place and they want about $800 to
fix it. A new one is $895.

So, does anyone happen to know if there is a Honda engine that will fit it?
I have not taken the inside plastic cover off yet but according to the
repair guy it's just like a GC or GX engine, at least as far as the slant
engine design etc.

If the only choice is to rebuild it then I'll get the shop manual and a
micrometer but I would consider putting a cheaper engine in it (Honda GC
etc) if it can be made to fit in there. So far all I know is that it's a
3.5 HP engine.

Thanks.