Mary Fisher

"T i m" wrote in message

Shhhh, Mary could be awake / sober

Sober, yes. Until after dinner. Awake, not 100%. An Italian neighbour died
in the night and there was much to-ing and fro-ing of an ambulance crew
who
couldn't get access, police who had to break down her back door security
grill (she was paranoid) only to be too late, wailing sons, daughter,
grandchildren, assorted spouses and ex spouses, girl-friends, boy friends,
partners, hangers on and other Italian neighbours, some of whom have been
sworn enemies with the corpse for years.

Crikey, how many years had they been dead for goodness sake!

Brain dead as long as I've known them. Going on for forty years for the
oldest.

It caused disturbance from 0430.

A.D. I assume?

er?

I don't know of a 0430 AD.

It does make me wonder about over-locking property when you live alone. We
don't have any security devices except five lever locks so doors can be
hacked down..

Ah, but if any right minded ner-do-well had heard you chastising the
spouse I think they may try elsewhere (just to be safe). ;-)

I've never chastised him noisily. Silence is a much more effective put-down,
didn't you know? These days I can't be bothered chastising anyway,
withdrawal of favours is even better.

The one that leaves us not being asked to do something next time ;-)

"I've done the washing up darling but you know your favourite plate
... " ;-)

Well you can only break it once. Might as well carry on practising washing
up.

"Darling, I've finished the washing up again as you asked .. we still
have some paper plates don't we ..?

Makes a lot of sense.

I'm washing up tonight, it's that time of year.

Mary

Mary