-Alex

Thanks, Andy. That sounds exactly like this problem. The fuse is blown.

I'll replace the fuse, unplug the degassing coil and give it a go. I'll let
you know how it went.

Just in case...got a spec or part number for that thermistor?

Alex

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
On 20 Jul 2005 14:59:03 -0700, "Alex" wrote:

I have a Phillips 27" which died after 4 months.

Model Number is 27PT6441/37.

Press power on (on TV or remote) and nothing.

Rumored to be a common problem with this TV.

Has anyone repaired this problem? Can you share your findings?
Maybe a Tech bulletin??

Email direct if you like to and/or use group.

Thanks,
Alex

I've seen a LOT of recent Philips TVs with bad degaussing thermistors.
They come in dead with a blown line fuse. If you replace the fuse it
degausses very loudly and blows the new fuse. The sets run fine with
the degaussing coil unplugged. Replacing the degaussing thermistor
seems to cure the problem. I suspect the theirmistor isn't increasing
in resistance fast enough with temperature. Has anyone else seen
this? Is there anything official from Philips?
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005