Joseph Meehan

someone mentioned to me that in teh newer home people dont use sump
pumps but some other type of mechanism to get water out of the
basement well, and appearantly it doesnt require electricity

First i wanted to know what type of mechanism this is, and if i can
install it myself.

Also if i was to have it installed what does it typically cost for a
plumber do it?

im trying to find some sure fire method to prevent floods as i want to
finish my basement and make it into the ULTIMATE game room. and i
cannot afford to have a single flood!

thanks in advance for your help.

While there are water jet pumps that use the city water supply to pump
out the water, I have not heard of anyone using those as the primary system.
They do make good, but expensive back up systems where you have city water.
Since the electricity tends to go out during storms that cause flooding, the
water powered pump is a good backup but will not help if you have a well
that also runs on electricity.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit