Ecnerwal

In article k.net,
"Jeff" wrote:

I just bought a white ash blank for a baseball bat and was wondering:

1. Are there any special considerations w/r/t turning bats?

Well, don't do what I did as a kid and make it too damn big. And do
something to "trademark" it on the face grain so anyone who has at least
learned that bit of lore correctly won't be as likely to break it
(because they'll be hitting on the edge grain).

2. What are the typical finishes used by the commercial bat makers?

DIIK.

3. If no one knows the answer to #2, what is recommended.

Oil & Wax, same as I put on any tool handle - Makes a hand-friendly,
comfortable interface. Film finishes stink on any sort of handle, IMHO.