T i m

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:24:01 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:47:53 GMT, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

There I was happily cleaning a fridge that was given to me (we never
used) and was giving to someone else (setting up home for the first
time) and as I put the bottle of Cif (formally Jif) down a bit spurted
out of the bottle and into my eye ;-(

I bought some Optrex eye wash and gave my eye a couple of washes but
it continued hurting (well more like 'very uncomfortable' than hurt)
all day and has only gone back to normal from when I woke up this
morning?

So, what is it in Cif cream cleaner that would hurt an eye so much
please?

I am not certain, but I believe there have been reports of Flash
cleaner in the past causing eye damage, so there is nasty stuff
around.

I had thought in these days of super precaution / liability that most
chemicals are safe enough to drink (compared with yesteryear I mean)
... like Creosote etc? do not do this at home!

You are correct though .. judging by the discomfort yesterday .. I
think 'arc eye' was less painful!

All the best ..

T i m