Andy Hall

Default Cylinder v thermal store

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:13:47 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:56:30 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Does anybody do a design service? Or more
to the point who does a good fair,
unbiased, design service?

The DPS sites give a load of on-line, and downloadable, design software.
What you need is calculate the rad sizes, then this will give you the

boiler
size. Calulate the heat bank/thermal store size with the appropriate
software on the DPS site. Then you can get a heat bank that has all the
controls, motorised valves, elecrical box, etc in one package. Look at

the
DPS site for customers examples. All you need do is connect up the

boilers
flow and return and the radiator flow and return to the appropriate
connections, the power, clock and the room stat. These can be pre-wired
into the box and it is a matter of running a wire out to each component.

I would be very careful in dealing with this company. I purchased
some fittings from them and a heat exchanger in a steel case

The heat exchanger is a heavy item and was held in the case by a
fairly weak metal bracket. In itself, this was questionnable in
design and it did not stand up to transit. On arrival, the heat
exchanger was rattling around in the case and had become damaged.

The fittings were so badly packed that some were broken. A flow
switch, which was part of the order, was clearly second hand.

The poor design of the heat exchanger enclosure and fixing method
would cast doubts in my mind as to whether any system designs would be
of similar quality.

It was all returned and eventually replaced, but I certainly would not
do business with them in the future, especially in circumstances where
return of product is not easy.

I can't speak for them, but every time I have ordered I have had no
problems.

I thought you said that you had an Ideal combi boiler......

Buying a pre-assembled heat bank is very much another matter.

Why? If there is a problem with a simple thing like a heat exchanger
in a box, a more complex assembly like a heatbank would be even more
questionnable.

One thing is that special shipping agents would pack the unit and ship it
off.

They used the Royal Mail...... :-)

I'm sure they use Alpha laval plate heat-exchangers, which are a very
product.

GEA Ecobraze, which are a good product as long as they are in a
suitable enclosure and properly packed......

I did say these are the first stop, the definate one to go to.

In view of what I experienced, they are not on my recommended list.
..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl