Alex:
A television "not turning on" can be a "common problem" with ANY
electronic device.... just like "my car doesn't start" is certainly a
common problem and fault with any automobile.
The diagnosed faults could be something simple like a blown fuse to a
more complex and costly repair involving expensive parts and labor.....
and everything in-between. If you or someone you know has any
relevant technical experience and electronics knowledge along with the
proper test equipment, tools and parts.... this is something that can
obviously be diagnosed and repaired but first the back will have to
come off and some initial and basic technical troubleshooting and
component testing will need to be performed. For additional repair &
saftey information you should visit the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
Plan to spend some search time there.... lots of useful information
including important SAFETY information that will help you to stay away
from dangerous and lethal electrical shock hazards inside your
television... note that there hazards can still be present even when
the television is unplugged from the AC power.
If after looking over the website you are still not certain how to
proceed you would be best advised to TAKE your television to a
qualified service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so
that you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of
internet or telephone wild guesses.
Since the television is only one month out of it's 90 day warranty have
you contacted Phillips to see if they will do anything about the
problem? ? ? That would be my first thought.
electricitym
..
- - - -

Alex wrote:
I have a Phillips 27" which died after 4 months.

Model Number is 27PT6441/37.

Press power on (on TV or remote) and nothing.

Rumored to be a common problem with this TV.

Has anyone repaired this problem? Can you share your findings?
Maybe a Tech bulletin??

Email direct if you like to and/or use group.

Thanks,
Alex