Rob Mills wrote:
"TP" wrote in message ...

I have a Delta 12 1/2 in planer. I accidentally fed a strip of wood of

1/8 in thick through the planer and didn't realize that the thinest limit
is 3/16. It planed ok but after that it won't start anymore. Did I just
burn the motor by doing that? Is there a fuse or something to protect
overloading? Anyone ran into the same problem?

I wouldn't think that going to 1/8th would hurt anything as long as the
blades didn't hit (lordhelpus) the table.

Well, it would be likely to hurt the wood being planed as wood that
thin
will chatter (DAMHIK). You can plane thin wood by using double
stickly carpet tape to attach it to a thicker board. Do not use
very much tape, it sticks wuite well especially after passing
through the planer. If you use more than a little, it will be
hell trying to get the thin wood seperated from the base piece.
(again, DAMHIK).

--

FF