Jack Denver

This has nothing to do with seriousness and everything to do with skills. If
I wrote to rec.metalworking " I have no prior backgroud or experience in
metal work except that I once opened a tin can and cut myself. How do I
make a watch case out of a block of platinum?" , I would hope you would tell
me honestly that my changes of sucess were small, that I should learn basic
shop skills before undertaking something so challenging and costly and that
usenet was not the proper place to receive an A to Z education on metal
work. Many times people have written to alt.horology with appropriate
questions and they have received detailed answers but this watch is broken
WAAAY beyond the skills of an amateur. Giving some directions for a job that
they will surely botch is not doing them any favor.

"Mungo Bulge" wrote in message
"Dutch Buckhead" wrote in message
eenews.net...
|I thought this was a home repair newsgroup.

I thought this was a crafts metalworking newsgroup.
or
I thought this was a consumers frugal-living newsgroup.
or
Turns out it's a "your watch is as important as your wife so don't
mess with it" newsgroup.

My suggestion to you Rusty is take the d... thing appart and see how
it ticks. If you can't get it back together, take a picture of it in
all its peices and then post a HELP to the horology newsgroup and tell
them some fool in the rec.crafts.metalworking newsgroup made you do
it. That way they may give you some usefull acvice instead of telling
you; you can't do it because you, unlike them, are not a serious
officiado of all things horological.

I must say, I do admire your tenacity. You have stuck it out for quite
some time; as hard as they tried, you have made them give you some
useful information.

--
The Road Warrior Hobbit

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this account with services or other
commercial interests