Frank Adam

On 20 Jul 2005 12:21:35 -0700, wrote:

Kind of like a drum brake slave cylinder, if that helps

Hmmmm... I am very familiar with drum brake slave cylinders.

Yeah, i noted elsewhere that you may be a mechanic or at least
associated with such work. Since i used to do a lot of semi
professional garage work in my youth, it should be easy to explain
things.
From the fuel pump(auto winder) to the engine(mainspring), to the
gearbox(train wheels), distributor(pallets) and the carby or throttle
system(balance), of course there is the final drive and output shafts,
but we're talking about the suspension now, so let's not waste time..
;-)

There it is again! Am I to assume with one hand you push in one side of
the spring bar; with the other hand you push in the second side of the
spring bar; and with your third hand, you pull the Jubilee bracelet
away from the lugs on the Datejust watch body?

That would be ideal, if only we've had a third hand. I usually
dislodge one side at a time.

Would you kindly clarify that the spring bar holding the watch band on
STAYS on the watch body at all times?

No. It comes out with the band.

I'll try my best ascii drawing

\------------------------------/

As you can see, the two piston ends are what you can see protruding
through the case. Once they are pushed in, they dislodge from the case
and the band can be pulled off, with the lug remaining inside the
band. It will probably fall out of the band as it clears the case.

--

Regards, Frank