Frank Adam

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:28:51 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Frank Adam wrote:
You'll have to push the pin on one end, while with your third hand
pulling the band (gently) away from the case. Once you dislodge one
end you may think that you could pull the band off the case. Maybe
so, but in my experience those Rolex bands are very good fits and
getting just one side out will not let the band tilt far enough out of
the case. Forcing it off will damage the spring bar.
So, make sure you dislodge both ends of the spring bar. Once that is
done, the band will just pull away.
Hope this helped.

If this guy keeps messing w/ this the value will be zero...

To OP, just take it to a Rolex dealer and all will be known...if you
paid what you say you did, a few hundred can only be a reasonable
investment to attempt to get at least some of the value restored before
it's pass repair or it's thousands. Of course, is there any guarantee
it's not a fake? Perhaps that's what you don't want to know???

Look, i don't really care what he does with what he owns and the watch
is not exactly what i would consider as endangered species. If he
breaks it, so be it. There are thousand, perhaps tens of thousands of
that model out there.

I know very well, that when i had the electronics bug, i used to pull
apart everything that needed(and sometimes not) fixing, despite some
advice not to do so. So for me to tell him what to do would be
downright hypocrisy.

useless anecdotal evidence follows
--------------------------- Tear here -----------------------------

I have ruined a very nice Sony reel to reel once, by replacing those
bloody expensive power transistors myself.. I had to get them from
Sony, as nobody else stocked them, IIRC 45 bucks each (x4).
As it turned out, the transistors obviously went for a reason, but i
didn't find(nor could i, even if i tried) that reason. Buying a
transistor tester obviously doesn't make one into a an electronics
guru. ;-) Anyway lots of smoke was inhaled and the unit fried itself
even a little more. I kinda gave up on that one after that. ;-)
None the less i've enjoyed the time i spent with electronics and even
managed to get some kits together and working. In those days, i would
have told anyone trying to put me off playing with all that, to get
stuffed.

--

Regards, Frank