Noah Little wrote:
You might find that two watches would simplify things. There is no
dress watch that will stand up to that sort of punishment (your Datejust
is considered a sport watch rather than a dress watch), and the watch
that will work under all the conditions you've described isn't something
you would wear with a suit.

Hi Noah,

Interestingly, as an aside, I *do* have a Rolex dress watch! I didn't
buy it (and I never would have). I received it as a wedding gift from
friends who *thought* I cared about Rolex brand, per se. They didn't
realize my choice of a Rolex Datejust had absolutely nothing to do with
Rolex, as a brand, but more to do with the fact the watch "appeared" to
be solidly maintenance free and ruggedly sturdy.

This particular Rolex (I don't even know what the model is) is a
fragile thin manually wound leather banded delicate "dress watch" which
I keep in the same parts drawer as all my other broken watches. If
anyone doesn't believe me about this useless (to me) Rolex gift, I'd be
glad to photo it in any situation you deem would prove it as I don't
want to go through that ridicule again.

Point is, I do have a dress watch and I think I've worn it once in the
last ten years because I couldn't find my 24/7 watch when I went for an
MRI and they made me go buck naked (which to me means my watch is off
my wrist).

By the way, maybe (later) I *will* ask for your help in identifying
*that* particular dress Rolex; but right now I'm just interested in
taking apart this one to find the answer to these three simple
questions:

#1 What year is this Datejust anyway (for that, I need to remove the
band).
#2 What did I adjust (many years ago) anyway (for that I need to open
it up)
#3 Is it something really basic & simple that my kid broke (ditto
above)

Rusty D.