Percival P. Cassidy

Default Spur/Rubbermaid shelving

Several years ago we bought a lot of almond-colored "Spur" brand
(UK-made) steel adjustable shelf fittings at Home Depot. A year or two
back when we wanted more, we found that the company had in the meantime
been acquired by Rubbermaid and that what was now sold as "almond" was a
somewhat different color, but we bought more and put up with the color
difference -- and with the greater depth of the uprights (i.e., they
stick out from the wall further than the originals). (Also many of the
specialized accessory fasteners were no longer available.)

Now I have tried to buy more (even with the different depth and color),
only to find that HD now has only black, white and silver and that the
uprights vary in depth: some lengths are deeper than others. They have
Rubbermaid stickers (showing them to be made in Canada), but there is no
trace of these on the Rubbermaid Web site to see whether HD simply
doesn't stock other colors or whether Rubbermaid has quit making them.

Does anybody have any idea whether this stuff is still available in
almond (either the original or the new color) and where? Or did
Rubbermaid buy them up simply to take them off the market?

Perce