C & M

Thanks to all to the input. I like tthe look of the Alside product, Banty,
mostly because of the texture which I know will hold dirt. I'm also toying
with the idea of self-installation. Did it as a kid to work thru college
but a lot has changed in the industry (and my body) since then. Any ideas
on a site for instructions? My search has been fruitless - lots of hits
which were either for cedar or just an ad or a directory with nothing
relevant to the question. Perhaps I'll need to pos this n a separate thread
since the board moves so fast!
Thanks again
"C & M" wrote in message
The siding on my house - 5/8" T1-11 - is just over 30 yrs old and me...

I'm
a lot older and getting tired of the staining that has to be done. Had
someone else do it and the job stunk - it wasn't his house, right. SO,

I'm
thinking of a low/ no maintenance siding but don't want to go with
horizontal. The only thing the old rancher has going for it are the hip
roof and the vertical siding. I looked into the concrete but I was told
that it had to be painted every 5 yrs and the composite stuff is REALLY
expensive. I guess the expense would be offset by the reduction in
maintenance. I asked an architect who apparently didn't want to be

bothered
and he said to vinyl side it. Doh!!! Any suggestions short of burning it
are welcome.