ameijers

"blueman" wrote in message
writes:
I'm not sure if the stud size matches the towel rod. I'll check that

out before I use the strip of wood.

If it doesn't match, I would think that you could cut the towel rod.
Exactly how were you going to finish the piece of wood to make it look
nice? Sounds tacky.

Agreed. And if not long enough then you may be able to buy longer
rod. I cannot imagine doing something so kludgey in my own living space.

They sell decorative mounting plates for this very situation, in the more
boutique type plumbing supply houses. Not uncommon for bathrooms with
wallpaper, which doesn't handle towel rub and moisture well. Most wooden
towel racks (remember when oak bathroom trim/accessories were popular for 15
minutes?) come with a mounting plate. If there is any Real Wood trim or
cabinetry in bathroom, a plate of same material, with suitable edge detail,
looks fine.

aem sends...