Ed Sirett

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:35:20 -0700, wrote:

Its the flow at all hot taps.
The pressure on the cold water is fine.
The cold feed is on fully.
There is no dirt in the inlet strainer.
I did find a valve on the diverter that when I turned it increased the
flow, but
it still doesn't seem to activate the diverter valve.
Could there be air in the system? How do you go about removing it.
Cheers

OK. I'm a bit confused about the terminology here.

The valve you turned is probably a flow adjuster and/or cut off for the
HW and opening it to get the required flow for the HW taps is good.

If you don't get all the air out from the primary circuit when you refill
the boiler then you will have all sorts of problems. There is invariably
an auto air vent in the boiler somewhere but they often have a dust cap
which may be closed. Or it could just be gunged up.

You needn't worry about getting the air out of the HW taps it finds it
own way easily enough.

When you draw hot water the boiler should do something even if it does not
heat the water, does it do nothing?

To help you further I'd have to really get to grip with the layout of this
particular unit. What I've said should work for most combi boilers.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk