C & M

Default T1-11 replacement

The siding on my house - 5/8" T1-11 - is just over 30 yrs old and me... I'm
a lot older and getting tired of the staining that has to be done. Had
someone else do it and the job stunk - it wasn't his house, right. SO, I'm
thinking of a low/ no maintenance siding but don't want to go with
horizontal. The only thing the old rancher has going for it are the hip
roof and the vertical siding. I looked into the concrete but I was told
that it had to be painted every 5 yrs and the composite stuff is REALLY
expensive. I guess the expense would be offset by the reduction in
maintenance. I asked an architect who apparently didn't want to be bothered
and he said to vinyl side it. Doh!!! Any suggestions short of burning it
are welcome.