HeyBub

Doug Kanter wrote:
The fins on the side of my Carrier exterior AC unit are pretty
filthy, so I wanted to hose them off with an outward stream of water. Shop
vac
didn't work - the stuff's turned to something other than just dust,
probably
due to moisture and whatever else....

Pictures here, although probably unnecessary for most of you:
http://community.webshots.com/script...98461006gSRGXc

Took a quick look at the top panel and it looks as if the fan motor's
attached to it (via the inner 4 screws). And, the top panel overlaps
the side panels, so it SEEMS they can't be removed without first taking
off the top. What's the correct procedure here?

Take off the top. It may house the exhaust fan. Careful.

Remove the side panels.

Wash from the inside with a pressure washer. Careful - too much pressure can
bend the fins. Use soap if you can.

Don't worry too much about wetting any electrical stuff. Think rain.

If you can blow any residual water out, go for it. Else let the thing dry
for a bit before you re-activate it.

Put the thing back together. As best you can. Some screw holes will not line
up properly.