Joseph Meehan

Bill wrote:
My remote garage door opener has stopped working and I can't find a
way to get into the thing.
Thought it had batteries or something to replace.

I assure you it has battery(s) to replace somewhere. Take it into one
of those battery stores, I'll bet they will find it and have a new one for
you.

However it sounds like you may be having additional problems. For that
you may need your owner's manual to find out how to reprogram it to the
opener. There may be instructions on the web somewhere if you have lost
yours.

There is an
adjustment slug to change frequency (I guess) that does nothing at
any position. Pushing on the actuation bar lights a LED but no other
event.
There are no visible screws or devices to remove. The metal clip for
hanging on the car visor will not come off.
There are finger gripping grooves on the sides of one half of the
thing but cannot pull them apart.
It is labeled "Overhead Door" as the brand.
Suggestions for repair are welcome.
Bill

--
Joseph Meehan