Ron

You're correct, I was just thinking the walls were going to be painted.
"Lee & Cathi Thomas" wrote in message
She's including the ceiling - 640 + (31 X 9)= 919.

"Ron" wrote in message
m...
Buy a good quality paint and you'll minimize the number of coats of

paint
you'll need for good coverage.

No special primer is needed for semi-gloss, again, just buy quality
primer.

I think you have 640 square feet
(31+9+31+9) X 8 = 80 X 8 = 640

The paint can label should tell you how many feet of coverage you'll be
able
to get per gallon of paint.
Ron

"Melissa" wrote in message
Our kitchen drywall is done, now time to pick the paint. I understand
we need to use primer first, and it was suggested the primer be
partially? tinted first. We aren't sure what color the kitchen will be
yet, so we should just go with plain off the shelf primer, yes?

The kitchen will be semi gloss like the rest of the house, will that
affect what type of primer I need to get?

And last of all, the room is 31 ft x 9 ft, with 8 ft ceilings, I need

cover 919 sq ft of walls and ceiling, is that correct? Sorry, I'm sure
that seems obvious, but last time I bought paint, after painting I

found
I had 2.5 gallons more than I needed. I've purchased paint for my
family room, with advice from you very helpful guys here, but haven't
yet painted, so don't know if I figured correctly for that room yet.
How much primer will I need to cover 919 sq ft, if I only paint with
primer once, which is what I believe is normal, followed by 2 coats of
paint?

Thanks!

Melissa