Gary Brady

Bob Chilcoat wrote:

What are my chances of finding one from a building
that's being gutted, or from a building materials salvage dealer in the NYC
area? Any suggestions? Thanks

I'd say chances are very good. In an earlier part of my career, I've
filled dumpsters with such doors. You'll want to look for a "labled"
door, that is, one with a UL label with some denotation of a 2 hour fire
rating. As time has passed, I've forgotten what the rating is, but
IIRC, it's a "C" labeled door. Look for commercial remodeling sites.
Multi story buildings usually have C labeled doors in stairwells.
Hospitals have large numbers of these doors.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX