RoyJ

I have a local architectual salvage dealer that has a huge stock of fire
doors (among a LOT of other stuff!) Most office buildings will use 20
minute fire doors for standard office doors so they have lots of doors
from any remodel. Prices seem to be fair, around half of new for really
nice stuff and going down from there for damaged spots.

Try looking in the yellow pages under "salvage", look for the word
"architectual" in the name or description.

Bob Chilcoat wrote:

I'm building a large wine cellar in the basement, and would like to make it
reasonably fire resistant, since there will be a valuable inventory in
there. A proper steel (metal content) fire door and frame, new, from Home
Despot is around $300. What are my chances of finding one from a building
that's being gutted, or from a building materials salvage dealer in the NYC
area? Any suggestions? Thanks