Scraggy

Sam Nelson wrote:
In article ,
"Scraggy" writes:
Aidan wrote:
Roger R wrote:
The Germans used concentrated hydrogen peroxide as a propellant for
their V-1 flying bomb. It was used to rapidly generate steam for
the launching catapult. They called it T-Stoff.

Also used on one of their rocket propelled fighters, Heinkel,Me 262
or something; some otaku anorak will know. The planes used to crash
frequently on take off or landing. I've read that if the pilot
escaped instant cremation, he'd probably get dissolved by the
hydrogen peroxide.

I am that anorak. Take off mainly, they glided in to land empty
having IIRC used thei ca. 8 minutes fuel. Me 163 Komet

http://www.xs4all.nl/~robdebie/me163.htm

Never seen or heard of that before---but it's just plain silly. Or
desperate. Just as a matter of interest, did any of them ever shoot
anything down?

Not many thankfully. More info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_163

and here