Sam Nelson

In article .com,
"Aidan" writes:
Roger R wrote:
The Germans used concentrated hydrogen peroxide as a propellant for their V-1
flying bomb. It was used to rapidly generate steam for the launching catapult.
They called it T-Stoff.

Also used on one of their rocket propelled fighters, Heinkel,Me 262 or
something; some otaku anorak will know.

He163 and Me262 were both jet aircraft. They may have carried H2O2 as some
auxiliary fuel, I suppose. I can't see a `rocket-propelled fighter' being
very practical: it would be in-theatre swiftly, out-of-theatre equally
swiftly, and be out of juice shortly thereafter.

The planes used to crash
frequently on take off or landing. I've read that if the pilot escaped
instant cremation, he'd probably get dissolved by the hydrogen peroxide.

Having watched that used on a cut on my leg once, as a kid, I've an idea
of that experience etched (NPI) on my memory.
--
SAm.