1) Make a new flange which is longer. (Probably require heat
treating capability.
or

2) Make a spacer washer to go around the drawbar tube to live
between the lever arms and the flange. You probably want to
make this out of a good steel, and to harden and surface grind
it -- but you could make up a quick-and-dirty one to try with
just mild steel, and turning.

3) Shorten the drawbar -- which requires a way to de-attach it
from the rest of the mechanism while you mount it in a chuck to

part off the excess length, and (probably) bore the ID a little

deeper and pick up the existing thread to extend it. "

I'm going to either make this longer flange or a spacer if possible.
I only have a little toy Sears lathe, and toy mill but do have a heat
treating furnace. We are trying to get this place up to WW2 standards
and right now its very hard to get anything done.
Right now I'm busy trying to get out new 1910 Horizontal mill going
and fix the buggered threads on our new Ebay grinder.
Ken