Jeff Sellers

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
My plan is to wall off one end of the basement with steel studs, and then
use double thickness fire-rated sheetrock on both sides of the wall, with
fiberglass insulation between the studs. In addition, the ceiling will be
similar below the joists. The insulation will make the whole room easy to
maintain at the right temperature, and the fire-resistant walls should
give me 4-6 hours of endurance. Nevertheless, I'll still need the door to
hold up. That's why I'm trying to find an industrial fire door that's
cheaper than buying one new.

Hey Bob,

There is also a special "firestop" caulking that is used for wire
penetrations, around pipes, etc.
Use this with your plan and you should be golden....

Good luck with it...

Jeff