jan.k

It will still be a good lathe for years to come.

What ever wears out on the
head are easy replaced ,the only thing which will wear out are the bearings
,and they are standard. All the other parts are standard DVR parts.

Long live the Nova 3K.

Been using the 3k for seven years now full time making
..porch posts ,large newals.any thing big or long jobs .other woodturners
couldn't handle. It's still on its orginal belt ,but holding on by 4
threads.
Made a wine bottle for a for furniture designer 16" dia by 5 foot long
and the belts still in one piece .

.. Look forward to seeing what Teknatool are designing for
the furture in lathes,roll on 2006.

Jan.K

"Fred Holder" wrote in message
Roger Latimer of Teknatool got back to me today. I apologize, you are
right.
They are currently discontinuing deliveries of the Nova 3000 to the North
American market, because an increase in motor price would have
significantly
increased the cost of the lathe, which was already experiencing decreasing
sales
since the introduction of the DVR. They do have another lathe model in the
design phase; however, it will not be available until 2006 or 2007.

I apoligize to the group for even getting involved in this discussion;
however,
I felt that Chuck was bad mouthing a manufacturer that I think quite
highly of
and have used their products for almost 15 years. I guess I will continue
stick up for companies that I feel are getting a bum rap.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , Chuck says...

On 16 Jul 2005 07:32:38 -0700, Fred Holder
wrote:

I will apologize for mistakenly calling you a dealer of Stubby Lathes.

Like being a Stubby dealer is a mortal sin? I was a little more
incensed at being accused of being an underhanded, sneaky liar.

I had
already been set straight on that, however, your posts had seemed to be
very
critical of Teknatool,

Okay, and is there something wrong with that? I think their decision
to drop the Nova 3000 is, in a word, "stupid," for the reasons I have
enumerated ad nauseum. All good business reason, I might add, not
because of any vendetta, ill will or any other sophomoric ploy.

which I believe to be an excellent company.

That's your prerogative...and not one that I would publicly criticize
you for. Others may not share your views. I am ambivalent about
them, personally.

I have e-mailed Roger Latimer of Teknatool requesting information about
the Nova
3000.
If it is in fact being discontinued, I'll also post an apology on that
item
also.

Mmmm, you do that. Because heaven knows, since I'm NOT a dealer in
Stubby lathes, I _must_ have some other, more devious ulterior motive
for making stuff up about it, right?

I don't quite get the statement: "the pot calling the kettle black". If
this is
the feeling of this newsgroup, then I apologize to the group. Never, have
I ever
intentionally done anything underhanded to promote my business, nor do I
ever
plan to do so.

I didn't say you were underhanded. Nor would I ever say that you were
a "master of self-promotion." Let us just say that your view and my
view of using newsgroups for advertising don't always seem to agree.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget