lionslair at consolidated dot net

I checked two major steel suppliers in my area (Southern California),
no luck on finding tooling steel (besides O1, A1). Any online
suppliers (I've checked a few with now luck) have this metal that will
also do a small orders? 1" to 2" inch solid cylinder pieces is what I
am looking for. Or maybe can someone recommend a tool/die shop that
will handle/supply a small order (assuming they have o6)

I'm interested in O6 because it seems to have a large difference in its
hardness between relaxed and hardenned states (roughly 40 - 58 rockwell
hardness if memeory serves me). Anyone have any experience with this
(using the soft state to impression, then harden to final use)

Thanks

How about M2 or M42 - there are suppliers in that. Perhaps O6.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life