Mungo Bulge

Good reading, my source, Machinery's Handbook (23) page 2413
(different page # in different issues) Metric Systems of Measurement

| "Mungo Bulge" wrote in message
| "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote in message
| |
| ---- snip ----
--- snip ---

| Yet the bureau of standards has a platinum bar that isn't metric.

And two metre prototypes # 21 and 27

---- snip ----

| Many of us have heavily invested in measuring tools and machine
tools that
| aren't the least metric friendly, myself included. I'm so
comfortable
| with the inch system that it's a huge PITA to do anything metric.
When I
| do, I always convert to the decimal system (in inches) which makes
far more
| sense to me. Armed with that, you can clearly see that I, too, use
the
| metric system after a fashion (base ten, anyway).

Tell me about it, I too have the measurement problem. My lathe is
English, my mill is metric, and I have at least two of every measuring
tool what isn't electronic. I have two sets of wrenches, taps, etc.
When I get stock, it could be metric, it could be English. But then
that's what I get paid to do...