OldBill

raden wrote:
In message , OldBill
writes

[SNIP]...

Unless you want armed response teams bursting into your house in
the middle
of the night I would steer clear of asking for this.
Unfortunately for you, your name, address, date of birth, ethnic
origin etc
will be flashing on someones computer screen for investigation,as you
read
this.
I hope for your sake you're not jumpy...
Tony

A N.I. located friend of mine ordered some parts from Maplin to make
an FM tuner.
Special Branch came round to see him..

I hope he told them to **** off

Why should he? If he'd annoyed them they could've given him at least a
few hours of uncomfortable questioning, the anti-terrorism powers being
what they are.
After a chat they went away. Apparently suppliers of any electronic bits
that could be used to trigger bombs are told to inform the "authorities"
when orders come from certain areas.
Similarly if you want to fly your private plane to certain locations you
have to file your flight plans with S.B. in advance.