Buster

I was in the market for one a few months back with a similar problem. The
225 seemed way too small and flimsy, and all the 435 I could find had a
warped table. I was very unhappy with either. The one day my wife picked
an older one up at a garage sale for $5. The thing is built like a tank.
If you can find one from anyplace this is the way to go.

For what it's worth: In my shop I'm currently using the workmate and an
old closet door between two sawhorses. This setup seems to be working fine.
I've been making cabinets to free up storage space so that I can start on a
'real' bench.

Either way the workmate s a good addition to the shop.

"Richard" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just moved my workshop into a separate building from my house, but
space is very limited. (About 8' X 14') I have decided to forego a
build-in workbench and use a foldable workmate. What are your thoughts
on the two Black and Decker versions: 225 and the 425? Or is there
another brand you would recommend?

Thanks,
Richard