Thanks, that was one of the three. I'll go take a look at her website.
Is the Velvetoil a tung oil like finish or a shellac like finish? I
suspect the former from your description. Thanks for the info, I'm
always looking for a nifty finish.

Dave in Fairfax

Dave, it's more a tung oil finish, but it's a lot easier because it
doesn't seem to get sticky if you don't wipe it off within a certain
time. Barbara did all the floors in her house and walking on the
barefoot was like walking on silk. It can be buffed to a sheen but
not a shine, which I only do if someone really, really wants it. The
velvit oil seems to give the wood that feel of a well-worn, 100-yr. old
chair arm.....well, not exactly but close enough. And it's water
resistant.

Ruth
www.torne-lignum.com