Dave Liquorice

On 18 Jul 2005 06:02:31 -0700, Pandora wrote:

I'm leaning towards CAT6 but terminating it with standard RJ45 wall
plates as an interim solution. Might pull in a few optic fibres too
if I feel lucky.

The majority of the cost of cabling is getting access and installing.
The cable is cheap, bung in the best you can afford and lots of it.
Think about probably uses of areas, now and future, when the babies
have grown to school kids or the kids have left home. I'd go for an
absolute minimum of 1 RF and two network cables to every room in the
house.

I'd also make provision for moderately pain free access to the cable
routes if at all possible, 3x3" or 4x4" ducts with draw strings etc.

I can't think that one needs to woory undely about keeping CT100 away
from network cabling. The regs have somethings to say about low
volatge stuff and mains though, not the same compartment in ducting
and 50mm (or is 100mm?) separation without a barrier.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail