mac davis

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:53:06 -0500, Prometheus wrote:

Yep. I need to get myself a fire ring- seems like I had a run of
beginner's luck with the first couple dozen things I turned, and now
it seems that there's about equal odds of any project either exploding
on the lathe or coming out beautifully. Some of that is is using
deadfall that is partially rotted, some of it is trying new
techniques, but it sure makes a lot of firewood in any case!

My wife bought 5 or 6 big plastic storage boxes that i use for "camping"
firewood... especially the stuff left over after cutting the round part out of
the blank.. great kindling, with those thin edges..
We went to the coast to cool off a bit this weekend and burned 2 boxes, so I
have empties to fill again..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing