Appliance Repair Aid

gado wrote:
Update: Took the top cover off plus the door w/front panels, cut out
the belt (cracking) and removed the drum. I removed the tensioner and
notice that its plastic wheel seems to be tight, doesn't spin very
easily. Is this the noisemaker? Doesn't look repairable. The two
rubber drum rollers spin fine with only a little play in their shafts.
The motor has no discernable shaft play. I'll try replacing the
tensioner and belt.
gado

Hi,

I removed the tensioner and
notice that its plastic wheel seems to be tight, doesn't spin very
easily. Is this the noisemaker?

Probably is...roller wheels and idler pulley are common noise makers.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=3346
Dryer idler pulley

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=529597
Most common dryer belt