Pandora

Default Is CAT6 worth it for home networking?

The floorboards are up at home and I am ready to buy a truckload of
cable for domestic structured wiring.

But which cable? In 15 years time, will a Dixons shop assistant laugh
at me when I tell him that I want to run his megabandwidth HDTV over a
CAT5e cable?

I'm leaning towards CAT6 but terminating it with standard RJ45 wall
plates as an interim solution. Might pull in a few optic fibres too if
I feel lucky.

Will I be able to connect phones into the CAT6 cable without a problem?
(I know CAT5e is OK for PSTN.)

Also what distance should the CAT6 be separated from CT100 cable?

I know that this has been discussed in previous threads but I want to
see if the view has changed now that the price of high bandwidth cable
has fallen.