jim rozen

In article , Robert Swinney says...

Good reply, Jim. I can tell you really know all the corporate shenagins
that are used to maximize productivity of peons.

Let's just say there are *still* plenty of folks around who think
that that particular aspect of Edison's plan are outstanding!

Don't get me wrong, edison did indeed break so much new ground
it's impossible to really understand all the things he did. Not
all of the projects were succesfull, of course.

He tried to perform electrolytic separation of iron from iron
ore - never did work after sinking large amounts of money into
the plan. He did make some lovely all-concrete houses that
exist to this day in NJ - that was a plan before its time though.

He discovered thermionic emission (edison effect) and as such
is the father of the vacuum tube, lee deforest notwithstanding.

But his accountant used to complain because his stack of payable
bills was *so* tall in the office that the ones at the bottom
had decomposed and could not be inspected. He NEVER paid his
bills. He as a crook in that regard.

But he understood the keys of image and reputation.

Hun

please reply to: