jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

I've had to help several folks recently with pistons siezed up
tight in the bores, from sitting. Not pretty.

Sigh..I posted something to that effect a couple years ago, here.
P'Blaster was what freed mine up. Even on the centerstand, one of the
jugs got wet enough to stick.

The key here is there's almost always a valve open. If an
exhaust, there's enought 'breath' during weather change to
bring in moist air. An intake is worse, because you have
the animals that live inside the airbox and pee down the
air tube.

If you want to be real safe, just pull the valve covers off
after freeing it up, and oiling the cyinders - and slack off
all the pushrods so you *know* the valves are all shut.

Jim

please reply to: