Greg O

"KTECH" wrote in message
This probably came up beforebut I still am not sure of the answer.
My AC condenser is exposed to the sun for a good part of the day.
I have often thought that by making some sort of a covering to ward off
the sun the unit would cool better and perhaps not work as hard.Any ideas?
Frank

The cost of any cover will be more than any return you will see in
efficiency. Plus you want the AC to be in the open as much as possible to
get good air flow around and above the unit. Good chance a roof over it
would block the air flow enough to be counter productive!
Leave it alone!
Greg