Edwin Pawlowski

"Melissa" wrote in message
Our kitchen drywall is done, now time to pick the paint. I understand we
need to use primer first, and it was suggested the primer be partially?
tinted first. We aren't sure what color the kitchen will be yet, so we
should just go with plain off the shelf primer, yes?

Yes. Tinting is nice b ut not needed.

The kitchen will be semi gloss like the rest of the house, will that
affect what type of primer I need to get?

Latex is OK.

And last of all, the room is 31 ft x 9 ft, with 8 ft ceilings, I need to
cover 919 sq ft of walls and ceiling, is that correct?

Yes.

How much primer will I need to cover 919 sq ft, if I only paint with
primer once, which is what I believe is normal, followed by 2 coats of
paint?

Check the paint can. It will tell you how much coverage it will give you.
Some say one coat is all that is needed, but it always looks better with
two.