"KTECH" wrote in message
This probably came up beforebut I still am not sure of the answer.
My AC condenser is exposed to the sun for a good part of the

day.
I have often thought that by making some sort of a covering to ward off

the
sun the unit would cool better and perhaps not work as hard.Any ideas?
Frank

No...wont make any difference you will ever see.
Want proof? Just look at the millions of units in CA, NV etc that are
installed on rooftops....and yes, I started working in the deserts of CA in
HVAC, and I can promise you, the units are designed to be outside, in the
sun...and work.