RichardS

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-s0hYyUjhLfpw@localhost...
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:07:08 UTC, Rob Morley
wrote:

: I thought it was so they could have a mini nature reserve in the
: middle of each one - lots of nice trees in Telford (in the bits where
: I've been anyway).

I am told that the new stand at Worcester racecourse was built in the
wrong place, and they had to move the racecourse to pass in front of
it...

A building, built in the 1950/60s at Manchester uni, was built the wrong
way
around. It was clear the large main entrance faced the back.

any idea which building?

I'm struggling to remember the layout of the place now, but I think that
there were a couple of buildings that faced onto courtyards at the back,
even though Oxford Road seemed like the natural frontage.

--

Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk