Gunner

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:20:15 -0500, Wayne
wrote:

Gunner,

You've got a beemer and haven't been riding it?
Shame on you :-o

Sigh..yeah..I know. After my second back surgery..I had a lot of
problems riding. Id be crippled up for an hour or more after getting
off the VF700 or most bikes. So I sold it to one of the local
lawyers. A couple months later one of the phone co. guys I ran with
called me up and asked me if I wanted a Boxer...cheap. So I went to
look at it. It was a father/son project..they had taken it apart to
clean up, repaint yada yada..and had never gotten around to putting it
back together. All neatly labled in 4 large boxes. So I gave the guy
$600 on a Wed afternoon, and Saturday I rode it over to Bakersfield.
And my back felt Great! It had 35,000 on the odo when I got it..and
it now has 187,000 miles on it, I rode 90 miles everyday to and from
work for well over 5 yrs, plus poker runs, etc etc... But when I
started doing the machine tool repair thing, being on the road 5 days
a week..I had too many honey dos on the weekends to ride..so Trudy got
covered up, and pushed into a corner. There is an early 74 Honda XL
350 next to her that I started turning into a desert hunting
bike..that Ive ridden exactly 4 miles on also. No time, and since the
recession and the ex leaving me broke etc etc.little money. But Ill
get to em sooner or later. damnit.

If it hadn't been for motorcycling I'd never have gotten into metalworking.

I do still have a 61 Indian
sitting in my dads garage in Michigan. It is really a Royal
Enfield..but sold badged as an Indian. If I could figure out how to
get it out here to California, I might clean it up, get rid of the
slugs in the tubes, find an original seat and tank, and restore the
old girl.

From the AMA magazine ads for moving motorcycles (Both Allied Van Lines):

Federal Motorcycle Transport (AMA endorsed) 1 800 747 4100 ext 217 or 218

www.libertymoving.com 888 330 5599 ext 1

I believe both of the them tie the bike on a skid, no crates.

Wayne D.

I wonder how much it would cost...hummm THANKS!!

My sister is a serious biker, lots of charity runs, her boyfriend is a
shriner biker, from what I understand one of the bigwigs, rides in the
parades..does the formation riding etc..out of Oak Park, Michigan, so
I guess it tends to run in the family.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown