Edwin Pawlowski

"Terry" wrote in message
Something similar with tyres? We have some indication that the branded OE
tyres on our 2002 bought brand new US built pickup have not the same
quality or amount of wear rubber as the so-called 'same brand' replacement
which we buy at a local tyre dealers! Nice big (unnecessary) white letters
on the outside of the tyres maybe but at about 20,000 miles of mainly easy
highway and around town the originals are at least two thirds worn! BTW we
put separate wheels and snow tyres on during winter.

What was the wear rating on the tires?

We just replaced the ones on out pickup at work at 17,000 mostly local
driving. OTOH, my sedan got about 45,000 miles on the OE tires.