"Peter" wrote in message
On 13 Jul 2005 13:50:37 -0700, wrote:

I need to have new shingles on my roof. There are two layers of three
tab shingles on there now. The roofer indicates that he will remove
one layer and then reshingle. Don't I need both layers removed. The
cost can't be that much more to remove the second layer. I have a
simple 1200 sq ft ranch 40 years old. What are the thoughts?

What this sounds like is some kind of standard bid form, and it's probably
not what the price is based on. Call the roofer and ask for a price that
includes both layers. The price you have probably does, but contractors get
in trouble all the time when they get careless with those standard forms.