Phisherman

Default Garage flourescent lighting trouble

I'm having garage fluorescent lighting trouble. There are two surface
mount fluorescent tube pairs in my garage controlled by two three-way
switches. When I turn one switch on, the ends of both fixtures glow
for awhile, then sometimes eventually light. Sometimes only one (of
the four tubes) light. Today I tried running my hand across the tubes
and that made them light up. Fixtures, tubes and all are 13 years
old. They have had problems when tempertures drop to 10 degrees in the
winter, but this is first during the hot summers. The temperature in
the garage is about 90 to 100 degrees, high humidity. Any
ideas/comments? Or troubleshooting steps to take?